When was Bolesław Wieniawa-Długoszowski supposed to be president? As far as I can tell, Moscicki resigned September 30, 1939, and Raczkiewicz took over the same day. Gzornenplatz 10:25, Oct 30, 2004 (UTC)
- He was nominated by Mościcki on September 25. However, France vetoed his nomination (he was seen as too Sanacja-oriented) and he resigned the following day. So, he was probably the shortest-acting president in the history of Europe (beating Narutowicz by three days). [[User:Halibutt|Halibutt]] 10:58, Oct 30, 2004 (UTC)
- I assume he was only nominated as successor, i.e. president-designate, so he didn't take office, as Moscicki didn't resign before September 30. In that case he doesn't belong in the list. Gzornenplatz 11:13, Oct 30, 2004 (UTC)
- Mościcki did not resign as such. The April constitution allowed him to nominate his successor that would become the president automatically after the previous president is dead or unable to continue his duties. Mościcki was interned by Romanian authorities on September 17, which made him unable to continue his duties. So technically speaking Wieniawa-Długoszowski became the acting president of Poland in the very moment Mościcki signed the paper. That's why he does belong to the list and that's why his case is special.
- The same rule applied to all the future Presidents of Poland in exile, there was no interregnum at all, the following president became acting the same moment the former died or gave up his office. [[User:Halibutt|Halibutt]] 11:41, Oct 30, 2004 (UTC)
- Also, the Ignacy Mościcki article does not state that clear enough, but I thought it would be better to leave it as it is without explaining all the details there since it would be slightly too complicated and it would look bizarre to have half an article about the very fact of resignation. Also, as far as I remember, his resignation was forced by France, but was not needed by the Polish law or constitution. [[User:Halibutt|Halibutt]] 11:44, Oct 30, 2004 (UTC)
This template was listed for deletion on Templates for Deletion. The decision was to keep this template. Please see Wikipedia:Templates for deletion/Log/Not deleted/May 2005 for more information.